Create Your Own App Store

* ABU-TURAB > Topics

Subject: celebrations
Replies: 18 Views: 1604

arab_grl 1.09.10 - 04:04pm
From Fatawah Islamiyyah Vol. 1 and 2
Published by Darussalaam

Innovative Celebrations

Is it lawful for the Muslims to celebrate like Eid, the remembrance of the Prophetic biography on the 12th night of Rabi al-Awwal in the Masjid, on the occasion of the Prophet's birthday without interrupting the work of the day? We have differed over the topic. It was said it is a good innovation and others said it is a bad innovation.

It is not permissible for the Muslims to celebrate the birthday of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) on the 12th night from Rabi al-Awwal or any other time because the celebration of the Milad is an innovation in the religion. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) never celebrated his birthday in his lifetime, and he was the one who brought us this religion, and the one who conveyed the laws to us. He never ordered anyone to do that, neither did the Rightly Guided Caliphs after him, nor his companions nor those who faithfully followed them during the virtuous generations. So it is known that it is an innovation about which the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: Whoever innovates in this matter of ours, that which is not from it, shall have it rejected. [Saheeh Muslim (1718)]
It is agreed upon and in one of the versions recorded by Muslim, as well as one that al-Bukharee mentioned without a complete chain yet in a manner that indicated approval: He who does a deed which is not from this matter of ours (religion), it shall be rejected. [Saheeh Muslims (1718)]
Milad is not something that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) ordered, rather it was introduced into the religion by people of the later generations, thus it is rejected. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to say on Friday Khutbah, The best of speech is the Book of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad, and newly invented matters are misguidance. [Saheeh Muslim (867)] and an-Nas'aaee (1579) included in his narration: and every misguidance is in the Fire.
The celebration of Milad should be replaced with studying the events associated with his birth from his Seerah (biography) during the time of ignorance and after Islam. There is no need to celebrate his birthday, as it is not legislated by Allah, nor by His Prophet, and has no legal proof.

antidot 1.09.10 - 08:43pm
A mind hammering topic this is one... *

antidot 1.09.10 - 08:53pm
But I think that if we consider the Islam is Religion of Nature, then why we forget that what is in nature? Both Happiness and Sadness. But all these feelings are with a mind, who can think and feel! I personally see that red rose is dancing in the breeze, peac dances with full of joy! Hence I've given some glimpses of happiness and celebeartions. Then why we remain dried faces? Why we sna*ch happinesses from the humans? In any regard if the innocent happiness comes in the beautiful face of human then why we oppose it? Atleast Islam is not against of human subtle feelings! The celebrations bring smiles on the faces, so we may celebrate it. Isn't it? *

arab_grl 16.09.10 - 02:17pm
I undertstand ur opinion. But brother also have to look at it as what is sunnah & what isnt... because celebrations on take minds from true islamic meaning.. We should only celebrate what is sunnah or fardh *

antidot 21.09.10 - 08:32pm
I disagree with you sister. If Islam is Religion of Nature then we must also some natural happiness from ours. Its the wisdom. Please do not make shirt first and then find the right sized person who will wear it. *

arab_grl 21.09.10 - 09:32pm
brother,,, u are accsuing me of shirk?!
I did no such! I am Ahul sunnah w'al jamaa, i do not do shirk! Instead, i fight against it *

arab_grl 21.09.10 - 09:42pm
Tell me brother.
how i did shirk? I did no such thing, That is awful accusation you have accussed me of.. The ones that do celebrate The prophet birthday SalleAllahu Alayhi Wasalam or their own is committing bidaa... *

arab_grl 21.09.10 - 09:57pm
* my bad bro, i seen the word shirt u wrote n think u said shirk. my bad.
but still i dont like what u said to me.. brother even i show prrof on what i said..& im sorry but celebrating birthdays is BIDAA *

antidot 22.09.10 - 06:37am
It is al right dear Sister *

tan12 22.09.10 - 08:52am
Salam every1!
Well, dis is 1 of da most debatable topic!

There r many hadiths in support of celebrating nd also against it! But as we know tat neither da holy Quran mentiond a single verse on it nor Prophet (p) performed it in his whole life not even his companions then wats da point in celebrating it wen v r not 100% sure abt it? In my view ne invotion shud be avoided specially rites! Human invotion irrespective of gud or bad wil must hav sum errors. Each translation of Quran 4m Arabic contains sum minor errors coz it human work! May b sum innvotions seem 2 b gud 4 now bt we don't know it may misguid ppl in future.

tan12 22.09.10 - 09:06am
the various sects 2day r 1 of da example of da evil of innvotion!
Moreover, wen v know Islam is complete( the verses of holy Quran (5:3)), i don't find ne point to argue wit dis topic.

tan12 22.09.10 - 09:17am
dis is a very gud topic nd i wud request sis to paste it on Allahuakbar.com.nu community. *

arab_grl 22.09.10 - 12:47pm
lol brother actaully i think i did paste it there too *

tan12 22.09.10 - 06:03pm
But I didn't find there! *

arab_grl 22.09.10 - 06:07pm
chin.GIF r u serious? why? okay let me look *

arab_grl 22.09.10 - 06:09pm
oh brother tan, heheh u try to joke me? hahah brother look secound page in Allahuakbar lol its there yes.GIF
hehe.GIF *

tan12 22.09.10 - 08:22pm
sis, plz plz read once again my last post! U didn't notice the .com.nu at da end! Again, am requestin u to post it at
www.allahuakbar.com.nu
jazakALLAH *

arab_grl 22.09.10 - 10:27pm
ohh! hhaha omg no comment man! hahha omg no comment. okay im haviing weird day i guess hhaha oh mg god shy.GIF
ok sorry *

arab_grl 23.09.10 - 03:33am
ok, i posted it there *

* ABU-TURAB Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ABU-TURAB

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits